WHAT IS PENETRATION TESTING?
A penetration testing, or pen-test, is an attempt to assess the security of an IT infrastructure by carefully trying to exploit vulnerabilities. The process of penetration testing involves assessing your chosen systems for any potential weaknesses that could result from poor or improper system configuration, known and unknown hardware or software flaws, and operational weaknesses in process or technical countermeasures. Penetration Testing can be performed in the forms:
- Black Box Penetration Testing – Testing is Performed with Zero Knowlege
- White Box Penetration Testing – Testing is Performed with Some Knowlege
- Grey Box Penetration Testing – Testing is Performed with Full Knowledge
BENEFITS OF PENETRATION TESTING
Obtaining a penetration-testing solutions to test your network is a proactive effort of protecting your network and securing your data from risks before attacks or security breaches occur.
The following list shows the main benefits of penetration testing and how it can help improve your security for your organization:
- Regulation or security certification compliance
- Reveal vulnerabilities in your system, application and network infrastructure
- Detect attacks, respond adequately and on-time
- Onsite penetration testing to evaluate security controls in place across your internal systems, applications, and internal corporate network
- Increase business continuity
- Maintain trust to your customers, suppliers and partners
- Evaluate Security Investment
- External penetration for weaknesses that could be exploited by an outside attacker
How Our Penetration Testing Process Works?
Working with a customer to clearly define and document assessment objectives, scope, and rules of engagement
Collecting and examining key information about an application and its infrastructure
Finding existing vulnerabilities, using both manual and automated techniques.
Providing a comprehensive report with deep analysis and recommendations on how to mitigate the discovered vulnerabilities